A number of issues were reported to the IPP and other professional bodies in respect of the change over by HMRC to the New PAYE System as follows:
- Employer name not provided, only PAYE reference
- Employer name not matching client details held with agent
- Duplicate notices being received
- Online notices being received, when paper requested
- A number of D0 notices being issued
- 2 and 3 notices being received for an individual with same issue and effective date, but different codes; therefore the employer does not know which code to operate. There are sequence numbers but some members have reported these are not sequential
As at 10 August HMRC have confirmed that all the appropriate fixes have been put in place and no further problems should ensue.