PDV promises features including;
- An overview of the codes and notices received for each client
- A default view to show which codes and notices are 'unactioned' (and the ability to mark them 'actioned')
- Create lists of items based on name, form, client and date using improved search functions
- Add comments to codes and notices
- Send codes and notices to another PDV user in your organisation
If it works this should cut down dramatically on the amount of paper being wasted by the current tax code notification syste.
After recent debacles with thousands of 2009/10 tax codes issued incorrectly and the most recent issue where HMRC have managed to remove the employers name from tax code change notifications, this feels like a step forward.
As I said the PDV is being released to testing, with a full release planned for October . Fingers crossed !