Alison Clynes
Written by Alison Clynes
Wednesday, 18 November 2009 10:00

There are many forms which need to be completed when you are operating Pay As You Earn. When a new employer starts they should have a form P45 from their previous employer, or possibly from the government if they have been claiming state benefits. However, there are many reasons that a new employee will not have this form and will therefore have to complete a P46 in lieu of it. If they are a student they will probably have to complete a different form altogether.

It seems there are constant adjustments to this. For example there is a new A4 sized form which now has to be used. In fact, if you have the old A5 forms, you should destroy these and ensure you have a supply of the new forms. There are some additional items which should be completed as well.

There has also been a move to online filing of these forms and eventually everyone will have to have the facility to do this.

There are also end of year returns which have to be done, chief amongst them the P60 for all employers that have worked for you within a tax year. Add to that the returns for benefits such as the form P11d and you can soon feel swamped in red tape and paperwork.

It is no wonder that many companies are turning to a payroll company like us. We at Dataplan Payroll are an award-winning payroll company and would be delighted to show you why coming to us is one of the best business decisions you will ever make in regard your payroll outsourcing.

More blog posts: Help With PAYE »

Want Super Hero Customer Service?

Get a quote