Alison Clynes
Written by Alison Clynes
Saturday, 05 December 2009 10:00

If you like filling in forms, perhaps you should consider working in payroll services. Here are a selection of payroll solution forms you can look forward to filling in as you struggle to keep up with the mountain of paperwork that will threaten to bury you.

The P45 is perhaps the most common form in payroll services. It is known as the leavers form and is the basis of the system by which H M Revenue and Customs keep tabs on everyone. The P46 takes its place when a new employee does not have a P45 for whatever reason. There is also the P46 (pen) and P46 (expat) for pensioners and where somebody has been seconded to work in the UK respectively. There are some special forms and regulations for students as well.

Then there is the P35 which needs to be completed for each employee annually, and accompanied by a P14 end of year return which has essentially the same information as the P35, but must be completed as well. There are penalties for failure to complete these forms within strict time limits.

The P11d is a return of benefits and expenses in respect of most, but not all, employees. The good news here is that you do not have to fill in a form if somebody has not had any expenses or benefits.

If you would rather not spend all your time filling in forms, contact us at Dataplan Payroll. We will be happy to operate your payroll services for you which saves you time and money, and is a viable payroll solution.

Want Super Hero Customer Service?

Get a quote