What does it mean to be PAS accredited?
The CIPP Payroll Assurance Scheme (PAS) is the only voluntary payroll accreditation on the market. It has been rigorously developed by the Chartered Institute of Payroll Professionals (CIPP) in partnership with HMRC to provide peace of mind to employers that the payroll services provided have been assessed to be high quality.
Dataplan was re-accredited in November 2023 so our customers can continue to have peace of mind in the payroll service we provide.
What areas does The CIPP Payroll Assurance Scheme test?
The scheme looks at two areas:
- In-depth assessment of all processes
- Are the processes 'fit for purpose'?
- Are appropriate controls in place?
- Ability to act on legislative and compliance changes?
- Processes in place for continuous development and improvement
- The skill levels of the people
- The identification of learning and development needs
- Robust appraisal process linked to organisational vision and values
- Systems in place to facilitate life-long learning and development
What are the benefits of PAS accreditation when considering a new payroll provider?
Outsourcing payroll should bring greater efficiency, accuracy and reassurance that everything is fully compliant.
The CIPP Payroll Assurance Scheme gives independent recognition that a payroll provider is;
- Dedicated to best practice for payroll
- Have fully compliant processes
- Can respond and adapt to changes and new legislation
- Are continually looking for ways to make improvements and develop payroll services
- Have invested in their people and in developing their skills and knowledge throughout their careers
- Are open to assessment and review by the CIPP and have acted on any areas of improvement that have been identified
So when looking for a new payroll provider, choosing one with PAS accreditation, should be a priority.