HMRC changes for the taxation of employees assisting in elections are causing concern amongst many authorities.
Specifically the removal of forms P527 and P528 and the requirement to file under RTI from 6 April 2014, have removed the advantages of the now withdrawn ELECT PAYE scheme. All election staff must be operated under normal PAYE.
At Dataplan we have designed a process to allow authorities to simplify the process of paying election staff.
We can offer a service to assist the Returning Officer complete the following
- Assist the Returning Officer in creating a PAYE scheme and registering for RTI
- Create a secure portal for dealing with your employees for each election
- Issue instructions to employees on signing on to our electronic portal
- Obtain a new starter declaration (previously form P46)
- Obtain a declaration regarding temporary waiver of Working Time Directive Rights
- Obtain bank details for payment
- Receive payment details from you
- Process the payroll including any PAYE / NIC due
- Provide you with complete payroll for review
- On approval issue electronic payslips to employees
- Request funding from you into our client account
- Pay employees using our BACS system
- Additional payment run if required to mop
- Pay and PAYE / NIC’s to HMRC
- File FPS with HMRC regarding the payments to employees
- Issue P45’s electronically to employees
- File EPS with HMRC advising that no further payments are due
If you are interested in finding out more about our Election Payroll Service please contact us for a quote on 03331 123456 or click here