Payroll services for companies with employees based in Jersey
Although part of the British Isles, Jersey is self-governing and has its own banking and legal systems. This has an impact on HR, payroll and tax and therefore needs to be handled differently from payrolls based in the United Kingdom.
For organisations who may have staff based in both the United Kingdom and Jersey, this can prove problematic if their payroll provider does not have the knowledge and systems in place to handle the Jersey side of their payroll.
Fortunately, for our clients, we are able to process Jersey payrolls and take into account the specifics such as;
- Complying with effective tax rates
- Social Insurance obligations
- Quarterly Social Insurance Employer Returns
- Monthly ITIS Employer Returns
- Bi-annual Manpower Employer Returns
- Maternity/Paternity rules
- Gross up STIA sickness benefit
- Tax year end of 31st December
- Indirect BACS payments to pay net wages
Due for roll out in January 2022, we are working closely with States of Jersey to ensure effective transition to the new Combined Employer Return (CER) which will allow for secure filing of employer tax returns, social security schedules and manpower returns via Jersey’s Revenue Management System (RMS).