Outsourcing your payroll for the first time or transferring to a different payroll provider can be a daunting thought at first, but with the correct procedures and co-operation from your outsourcer the project should seem like a walk in the park.
The key to a smooth transfer of any payroll is the willingness and professionalism of the implementation team you have been assigned to. They should be there for you every step and hand hold if necessary. This guide breaks down the steps that should be involved in successful payroll provider transfer.
Initial Stage 1:
• Discussions to run over all your requirements in detail
• Timescales agreed and go live date
• Project plan agreed
• Contracts issued and agreed
• BACS set-up
• Agree data templates and access to our online portal
• Receive payroll information (Employee details, year to dates)
• Agree reporting requirements
• Validate data and input templates
• Conduct a parallel run, if this will put your mind at ease
• Detailed checks of payroll from outsourcer
• Internal checks from client
• Go live discussions- make relevant changes
• Be on site if needed on ‘go-live’ pay-date (some customers love this)
• Go Live!!!
• Post go-live discussion- review timescales, reports and the process
• Project team run’s the payroll until the client is satisfied
• Hand over to your dedicated payroll team
Obviously in some cases not all these steps would be viable, but it is important to make sure your new provider doesn’t sacrifice the quality of the transfer for quick profits.
Setup completed and follow up
Once the setup is completed we like to keep in touch for any feedback on how the setup process went by sending you a new customer online survey or one of our Team managers calls for a chat.
If you are interested in talking about how Dataplan Payroll can make the transfer process as smooth as possible click here for a quote or request our Implementation plan.